2015年6月11日 星期四

0402_(place) is a dump

0402 Daily Easy English Expression PODCAST—(place) is a dump
中譯/中文意思: (某地方)很髒
Dialog at: 1:58 and 4:19

A: Let’s go eat at Earl’s Restaurant.
B: No way. The place is a dump!
A: But their hamburgers are SO good.
B: Wha… Yeah, they really are tasty!



Dictation:


Hello, everybody,

My name is Coach Shane, and welcome to Easy English Expressions. You and me everyday. Come on. Let’s master English.

Hello, everybody. Welcome back to Daily Easy English expression. These days we’d been studying “D-U-M-P” dump, right? Well, some of you are gonna be happy, some of you are not. But we have four more dump lessons. That’s right. This is such useful words, so common in daily English. Today’s expression I told about it in very first lesson, a little bit. But it’s a great one to remember. This place is a dump. That place is a dump. Now, if you’ve been listening to the past couple of podcasts, you can already guess what the meaning is. If you say “This place is a dump”, it’s terrible, it’s not a place you want to be. Now, when this expression used, especially, when talking about restaurants, stores, bathrooms, public bathrooms, and apartments or houses. So if you’re moving to a new apartment or you’re going to buy a house, you go to look at the place, oh my god, this place is a dump. It’s terrible. It’s really dirty maybe there’re lots of bugs, it’s just not nice. Let’s check out the dialog:

A: Let’s go eat at Earl’s Restaurant.
B: No way. The place is a dump!
A: But their hamburgers are SO good.
B: Wha… Yeah, they really are tasty!


That is a problem. It’s true, that’s my experience. When I lived in Korea, my favorite restaurant was a dump, it’s very dirty. I am not joking. You could actually see sometimes roaches, I know it’s disgusting. But the food was so good and here right I lived, there is a restaurant, it’s pretty bad. You put your arms on the table and your arms slide off the table, because of too much grease. You pick up the spoon and you realize you need to use your napkin to clean the spoon because it’s already a little bit dirty. I am not joking. It’s a dump but the food is so good. I don’t know what they do, maybe there’s some drugs in the food, I don’t know. But oh my goodness, the food is delicious. And most of the guys who eat there were truck drivers. I’m telling you if you find the place where truck driver eats, you’ll know it’s good food, but the problem is, many times those places are dumps. It’s true.

So tell me, did you ever eat at a dump? What about your favorite restaurant? Is it a dump? I’m really curious to find out. Usually a dump is a terrible place to go, but sometimes, oh my god, the food is good. It’s addiction, it’s like a drug, you gotta keep going. So, I would continue to visit my dump. I just told my neighbor get sick. That’s today’s expression. Have a great day. The week’s coming up, by hope you have a great week and together let’s master English.

沒有留言:

張貼留言